NEW YEAR'S 2020:
THE ULTIMATE RESOLUTION
NEW YEAR'S 2020:
Here’s what happens when you overdo the mince pies. Reaching for the last Celebration is harder (you get stuck with the Bounty). You swear that next year will be “better”. And so begins the New Year’s Resolution. If your entire 2019 was overdoing the food, booze, Netflix or app purchases, it’s likely that you’ll try to make 2020 even better.
“Too many takeaways can be fixed pretty easily. The body can even reverse diabetes. Smoking? It actually changes your DNA. When the NHS said: “If You Could See The Damage, You’d Stop” they meant it.”
From people who used to be smokers, we 100% get it. We also 100% know you. “But I’m not sure about vaping. It looks the same as smoking. Probably costs loads…” [insert other excuse, because when you’re a smoker, you’re the excuses pro].
NEW YEAR'S RESOLUTIONS WE MAKE (BUT DON'T ALWAYS KEEP):
I will lose weight. My entire life will become salad and I can totally do it.
I’ll join the gym and actually go. I’ll set 6 a.m. alarms and everyone on Facebook will know.
I will stop impulse shopping (after the Amazon flash sale).
I’ll spend more time with my family and friends (when I’m done watching Game of Thrones).
I will be organised (like making this list), learn something new (keep reading) and live life to the full (seriously, we’re about to make a point here).
IF YOU'RE A SMOKER, ONE RESOLUTION KNOCKS THE OTHERS OUT OF THE WATER
There are two ways you can read this. If you’re a vaping ex-smoker, these are all the things you’ve shut the door on. If you’re a smoker- please. Just take a minute and let this sink in. Giving up smoking might not sound as fancy as going vegan, but if you could choose one or the other, every doctor on the planet would tell you to go with quitting smoking.
- You become the picture on the packet: “It happens to other people”. Until that other person is you. Smoking is the biggest preventable cause of death in the UK. 100,000 Brits a year die as a direct result of smoking.
Cancer isn’t pleasant or glamorous, don’t ask for it: Some cancers are unavoidable- it’s just bad luck. Lung cancer? 90% of them are caused by smoking. Your larynx? You probably forgot you had one. 77% of larynx cancers are caused by smoking. We’ll let the NHS explain.
1 Cigarette contains 7000 chemicals: 69 of these are scientifically proven to cause cancer. That’s without the tar, formaldehyde and carbon monoxide (yes, the stuff people use to commit suicide).
- 1 in 2 smokers will die from their habit: You’re literally playing Russian Roulette. The house always wins, right? If you don’t want it to be you, your partner, your family or your friend, it isn’t one of you who needs to quit. It’s all of you.
DIET RESOLUTIONS - GIVE UP STUFF, VAPING - REPLACE WITH SOMETHING BETTER
There’s a reason that 3 million Brits are now vaping. It’s the same reason that saw 37% of vapers quit smoking within 90 days in 2019. Diets? They can be brutal. You feel robbed of what you want and you #Crave. Vaping to quit smoking is a different deal. Think about what keeps you smoking. The feeling of inhaling and exhaling? The nicotine? Having something in your hand? The taste of tobacco? Every single one of them is there with vaping. What’s not there? The horrendous chemicals that get to work damaging your DNA the minute you start smoking.
“Vaping worked because I didn’t feel I was giving anything up. I started vaping, discovered fantastic flavours and I just lost interest in the cigarettes. I haven’t smoked since March 2017.”- Andrew, 34
Vaping heats up e-liquid that you inhale and exhale with the same feeling that cigarettes offer- you get the throat hit. Vaping offers nicotine (which people still seem to think causes cancer- it doesn’t). Or you can vape without. Many quitting smokers start with tobacco flavours. Then again, nicotine salts deliver lighting-speed nicotine at the approximate speed of a cigarette. Because they’re so simple and fit in your pocket, pod kits find themselves topping lists for the best vape to quit smoking. We’ve rounded up the best here.
IN BLACK AND WHITE, THE BENEFITS OF VAPING:
- It’s the easiest, most enjoyable, most successful way to quit smoking. Public Health England and the NHS both officially back the benefits of vaping.
- It saves you a ton of cash. A 20-a-day habit costs around £3000 a year. Vaping can cost as little as £270 a year. If you’re fishing out a tenner for the £8.99 pack of cigarettes and that second figure made you jump for an excuse, think about this. Can you put a price on your life?
- Kiss goodbye to your disease risk. Stop smoking, and carbon monoxide levels in the blood drop by 50% within 12 hours. Breathing becomes easier after 72 hours. After 1 year smoke-free, your risk of a heart attack is halved compared to a smoker. The cancers? The DNA damage reverses itself after 5 years smoke-free.
- Discover a world of flavours: Whether you start with tobacco or not, vaping offers endless, mouth-watering flavours like fresh or exotic fruits, cake, custard, dessert and biscuit, plus donut, cereal and menthol. (Well, that and loads more)
- Cigarette stink is gone, vaping is acceptable in more places: You might like the smell of ciggies, but other people don’t. Vaping might leave a slightly sweet or fruity odour for a few seconds, but it doesn’t linger. While you can’t vape in many establishments or on public transport, you won’t be #Hated for vaping outside pubs, offices or in the garden with family.
Movember may just be over, but Veganuary is around the corner. Stoptober is the 2012-launched vaping equivalent. Public Health England and the NHS back it, you’ve been absolute champs in joining in and in 2019, we saw the second #Vapril campaign. This vaping awareness month got Dr. Christian Jessen as its face, you as the boots on the ground and we can’t wait for next year’s one.
WHICH VAPE KIT IS BEST FOR ME?
Picking the best vape kit to quit smoking can feel daunting, but our interactive website is precisely designed to stub that out. Our handy guides and intuitive features get to know you, your smoking habits and needs, plus they’ll help navigate you to the best kits and juices.
If you’re looking for fuss-free: You don’t want to be changing coils. You don’t want to be refilling tanks. You don’t even want to hear the phrase “battery change”. You need a pod kit. These all-in-one devices literally require popping an e-liquid pod in and you’re set. Pods can even come pre-filled.
If sleek design and discretion are important: Either a pod kit or a vape pen like the JUUL will deliver these. Pen-style kits have a slender, sleek look, they’re ideal for stealth vaping, plus they’re loved for being an on-the-go backup for anyone with a larger mod at home.
If you’re a first timer: Starter kits didn’t get their name out of thin air. These vape kits are designed for people who are literally used to lighting up. Some are more advanced than others, but all of them have the beginner vaper in mind.
If JUUL is a word you’ve heard: Knocking the competition out the water with its super-sleek design, fast-delivering nicotine salts and thumb drive look, JUUL is the US vape brand that’s finally in the UK. We stock JUUL devices, starter kits and JUUL pods in our stores.
If you want to move onto more advanced devices: Some smokers successfully quit with Sub-Ohm vaping or a heavy-duty box mod. It’s all about what works for you. You can ask us anything (literally anything). We’ve been there.
“Discover a new world, save money and most importantly- save your life. Make 2021 smoke-free. At Vape Superstore, we’ve got your back. Hit share on Facebook for any smoker you know.”
www.vapesuperstore.co.uk contains general information about vaping and vapour products. The information provided is not medical advice, and should not be relied upon unless explicity cited. We do not make any warranties surrounding the health benefits, reliability and accuracy of written copy across all pages on our website, including blog content and content posted on social media.
Share this post
- Tags: Guides